Myofascial release Massage offered by Creative Bodyworks and Orlando Massage is a type of massage that focuses on treating the fascia and the muscle it permeates and envelopes. Fascia is a web of connective tissue that forms a lattice work providing structural integrity for the entire body. In simple terms, you can think of fascia as support wires to the bones in the body. If the support wires on one side of a tower are too tight, the other side will be bent or distorted.
Myofascial release helps treat restrictions in the fascia that can cause these distortions resulting in pain. Restricted fascia can also inhibit normal fluid flow through the tissues that can lead to thickening and scar tissue. Myofascial release can very effective in helping open these restricted tissues and normalizing fluid flow. Below are a few common examples of problems addressed by myofascial release and who would benefit.
- Postural Distortions
- Back Pain
- Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Restricted Range Of Motion
- Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Adhesions and Scar Tissue
- Injury Rehabilitation
- Hip Pain
- People who can only tolerate subtle bodywork.
- The elderly to improve range of motion and ease of movement.
- Workplace injuries from repetitive stress that cause postural imbalances.
- Person recovering from surgery to break up scar tissue.