Sports massage offered by Creative Bodyworks and Orlando Massage facilitates athletic performance and recovery. It keeps muscles and fascia open/unrestricted for enhanced performance and prevents secondary injury due to imbalance or chronically tight tissue. Sports massage identifies muscles that need more stretching and improves performance and strength after treatment. Below are a few common examples of problems addressed by Sports massage and who would benefit.
- Tendonitis such as “tennis elbow".
- Knee pain and shin splints
- Strains, sprains and spasms
- Plantar fasciitis
- Groin (adductor) & hamstring injuries
- Overuse, poor flexibility and performance
- Muscle and ligament tears
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Carpal tunnel symptoms
- iliotibial ban (IT) syndrome
- Specialized repetitive motions sports such as golf, tennis, bowling and baseball.
- Full contact sports such as football, hockey, and soccer.
- Sports that require an extended range of motion such as ballet, ballroom dancing, gymnastics, Pilates and Yoga.
- Runners, basketball, triathletes, body-builders, power lifters, cyclists, etc.