Trigger points massage offered by Creative Bodyworks and Orlando Massage can be caused by muscles that become dysfunctional and stay in a constant contraction without a signal from the nervous system, resulting in muscle weakness and pain referral. Over 73% of the time, pain referral is not located where it originates. Through trigger point analysis and palpation, the pain source is located and treated by static compression.
Trigger points aren’t exclusively located in muscles: they are also found in skin and ligaments. Below are few common examples of problems addressed by deep tissue massage and who would benefit.
- Cervical pain
- Back Pain; sciatica
- Scoliosis and kyphosis
- Neurological interference
- Restriction of motion
- Chronic pain
- Postural distortions
- Athlete’s, dancers bodybuilders and gymnasts.
- People who can ONLY tolerate subtle body work.
- The elderly to improve range of motion.
- Accident victims who need to restore muscle function.