Neuromuscular therapy massage offered by Creative Bodyworks and Orlando Massage is very effective for treating chronic pain. Neuromuscular therapy massage treats all Pain including back pain, neck pain, hip pain or from trigger points, ischemia, neural interference and postural distortions. Trigger points are thought to be nodules near the center portion of a muscle fiber that when pressed will cause pain and a referral to another area over 73% of the time.
One good example would be when you grasp your upper trapezius and you feel pain in your forehead or temple area. The theory is that these nodules are formed when a local energy crisis causes the center portion of the muscle to stay in a contracted state. The nodule is formed when the the two ends of the muscle come closer together forming a bulge.
Ischemia is when tissue is painful to touch because the blood flow to the area is restricted. The theory is reduced blow flow causes a build-up of cellular waste causing the pain receptors in the affected tissue to become more sensitive. Neural interference is when soft tissue compresses on a nerve passing through or between muscles or fascia causing pain.
Postural distortions can be caused by muscular imbalances that put uneven wear or stress on joints or opposing muscles. The treatment using Neuromuscular therapy if done properly is not painful and very effective in treating the above conditions resulting in long lasting relief. Below are a few common examples of problems addressed by Neuromuscular therapy and who would benefit..
- Scoliosis And Kyphosis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- TMJ Pain
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Tennis or Golfers elbow
- Plantar fasciitis
- Knee Pain
- IT band friction syndrome
- Frozen Shoulder
- Shin Splints
- Whiplash injuries
- Morton's Neuroma
- Bicipital Tendinosis
- Someone Suffering From Migraine Headaches.
- If You Have Tingling Numbness In Hands, Arms, Or Feet Caused By Neural Interference.
- When Your Posture Causes A Muscular Imbalance Causing Pain/excessive Wear On Joints And Soft Tissue.
- People That Grind Their Teeth Or Have Pain Closing And Opening Their Jaw.
- Athletes Looking To Improve Performance And Strength.
- Someone Looking For An Alternative To Medication To Reduce Or Eliminate Pain.
- Persons Suffering Chronic Pain Resulting From Occupational, Sports And/or Automobile Injuries.